Sunday, December 23, 2012

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

   I wanted to take the time to wish everybody a joyous holiday season. I celebrate Christmas, so from here on that's what I'll say... But you can replace it with any holiday you want, and I'll still mean it. I wish everyone to feel a little happiness in their hearts this season.
   To my Family, MERRY CHRISTMAS! I love you all. I know I can be a little "grinchy" sometimes. I don't like the commercialism of it all (specialy cus I poe), but I do love this time of year. The biggest blessings I receive come this time of year. The smiles, the laughing, the making of new memories. The time I spend with you. We poke fun at each other, and laugh about it together. (Well, usually.) What I'm saying is, it is you, my family, that makes this time of year so special to me.
   Mom, Tess, Dan, Dave, Jess, Jennifer, Cayla, Jessy, Daniel, Katrina, Ty, Sophie, whether you  realize it or  not, each and every one of you has influenced my life in one way or another. You have all given me something I didn't have before, many things in fact. You enrich my life on a daily basis. You have always been there for me, and I know you always will be. That's Christmas enough for me. I hope you all find the same joy this year. Merry Christmas.
   To my aunts and uncles, my cousins here at home in Michigan, and abroad in Kentucky, Ohio, California, Montana, and various other parts of the world. I miss you  all, I wish we could see each other more often, but hey, we do the best we can. I love you all. And I hope the coming days are filled with peace, happiness, and love. Merry Christmas.
   To the Meeks family... You are also my family at heart. I have never met a more honest and genuine bunch of people. You have been my friends, and supported me through the hardest times of my life. And still we remain friends. That means something. It shows a genuine love for me, just the way I am. And I'll never forget that. I love you all too. Merry Christmas.
   I have the best friends in the world. And the list is too long to write. You know who you are, and you guys are freakin' awesome. I don't know how I ended up with so many genuine, trustworthy, reliable friends in my life, but I did. You guys are my fishing partners, my buddies... My brothers. Merry Christmas.
   To my facebook friends and blogging buddies, some of you I know personally, some of you I don't. But, I thank you all for putting smiles on my face on a daily basis. Thanks for making me think about some things in ways I may not have on my own. Thanks for giving me a little peak into your lives. Merry Christmas to you all.
   And finally, I just want to give a holler to the Stone Family and the other defendants in the Hutaree Trial. If ya'll are still reading along with me... Merry Christmas.
   I already know I am going to enjoy myself this year. I know I am going to have a merry Christmas, how could I not. Thanks to all of you.

   I can't quite stop there, it's unfortunate that not everyone is as blessed as I am. While I'm certain we ALL have things we can be thankful for, for some it's not as easy to remember that. Think about that this season, and do something nice for someone. It doesn't have to be huge... Offer a kind word, hold a door, give someone a coat, buy someone a meal. You never know how far a small thing will go. It might change someone's day, it might make someones Christmas merrier... It might change someones life. And in return, you might just get the greatest blessing of your life.


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

14 comments:

  1. Love this--very heart-warming. I feel blessed to have met some very special bloggers like you this year! The ending here is very touching and so true--everyone needs to remember that the holidays are not always sweet and sentimental for others. Those of us who are blessed with family and friends need to pay it forward and help our neighbors and share the love.
    Another great post, Jon. Thanks for sharing! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the nice things you say Marcia, thanks for the smiles my friend. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a nice post, so genuinely heart-felt. Merry Christmas, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helena, I appreciate your saying so. A Merry Christmas to you too, I hope you find plenty of blessings yourself this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Jon. I almost feel as if I shouldn't be reading it; it's so kind and personal. I hope to get to know you better through the blogging world this year...You're already a fellow Ypsi Buddy....so there's that :) I wish for you a blessed Christmas. Keep surrounding yourself with all that love.
    -Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are very kind as well Michele, Merry Christmas to you. So often I've heard someone say things like "I wish I would have told them...", "I wish they knew how special they were to me.", or "I wish I would have said I love you." Well, I'm not going to miss that opportunity. I make it a point to tell the people I care about, just that. And while the sentiment might be private, I don't want the wisdom to be. Thank-you for reading, it's what makes it worth writing.
      I enjoy your blog as well, and I'll be reading along with you, so I am sure we will get to know each other better in days to come. Peace, Joy, And Love To You And Your Family This Season... Take Care.

      Delete
  6. I'm not into Christmas, but this is a wonderful post Jon. You have a good heart considering what you have been through and I'm sure that your loved ones know that you truly care for them all. It is a really nice thing to tell people openly that you love them and they have influenced your life. So, good on ya mate.

    I'm sure you will have a great time, and like you said, do a little something for someone else to make their day as bright as yours. Happy seasonal greetings from RPD and my family and to your family I say:
    you have a very special person in your midst so look after him well, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RPD, doesn't matter to me what your into, I hope you smile while your at it. Thanks for weighing in, it's ALWAYS a pleasure to hear from you.

      My warmest wishes to you and your family this season, and all year long. Take care friend.

      Delete
  7. This is very sweet and you made Christmas a little warmer for everyone's heart ^^

    May you have a beautiful and wonderful Christmas too!

    Keep an eye out for Santa! He might bring you something nice for the sweet post ^^

    Furita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your very sweet yourself Furita. Thanks for the kind words. You made my Christmas just a little merrier, yourself. Santa can give my gift to someone who needs it, though. I already have everything I could wish for.

    Merry Christmas to you too, I hope this season is full of smiles for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jon,

    That's wonderful mate :) True compliments coming from you and being grateful indeed. Very nice how it's come up with a joyous holiday season and wishing you a Merry Christmas too :)

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the kind words Mayura. And thanks for stopping by to check out my page. I am one of the lucky ones to have blessings like this in my life. I truly wish others could FEEL the gratitude I have for my friends and family, because this post doesn't do it justice, and it is a wonderful feeling. Wishing you the Happiest Holidays this year. See ya'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jon,

    What a beautiful post. It is one that made me feel so good and i thank you. I too have so many blessings and am grateful every day...yes really every day!

    This season of Christmas is about joy and love and giving. It is a good reminder for us to do this all year long.

    A random act of kindness a day keeps our heart and soul healthy!

    Donna Merrill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Donna, Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad my post left you feeling so good. It's nice to hear. Be warned... Not all my posts are this cheery and sweet. But this time of year I find it easy to count my blessings. And I like to try to share that with others. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete