Monday, March 26, 2012

Smoke and Mirrors 18

   Well, Judge Roberts did not make her decision today. Court started early, and went into overtime. That seems to be par for the course with this trial. The jury was asked not to come in for another day while she reviews the arguments of the day, the proffers of the attorneys, and the evidence presented through out the trial. And she will give her decisions tomorrow. There won't be any open court tomorrow, so it will just be a matter of waiting for word of her decision. She will either dismiss some or all of the conspiracy charges, for some or all of the defendants, or the trial will go on as scheduled...
   The Lawyers made their arguments today, there wasn't really any new information to share. All of the attorney's who have worked in this trial have been... exceptional. I don't know, I don't really know a lot about this stuff. But I have been impressed by everyone in the courtroom at one time or another. This experience will change me. Not only has it been educational, it has been eye opening. And to be honest, it has given me an...uneasy feeling. 
   A thing happened today that I have been waiting to see for this entire trial. For all this time I have been talking about how I feel like our (mine and your) rights are on trial in this deal. And that's the uneasy feeling I'm talking about. What I have seen literally scares me. If these people, these American Citizens get found guilty of these charges we are in trouble. Today in court Mr. Michael Rataj stood up and not only did he defend his client, he defended all the defendants. He stood up in court today and defended me, and you. He stood up in court today and defended our Constitution, our way of life. And he did it with passion, and conviction. For that Sir, I salute you...

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully, in very short order, Judge Roberts will also make a stand for our freedoms. I'm praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to thank everybody for all the support especially Jon for all the hard work and dedication to writing this blog and keeping all of us in the loop . the lack of media coverage on this case is kinda of shocking with so much at stake here . Hopefully we will be celebrating mikes home coming tomorrow cross your fingers thanks again

    Greg meeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to thank me dude... With things the way they are I wouldn't have had it any other way. You know you always have a friend here.
      As far as the press is concerned, I don't know where they get their information from, but it's not from sitting in the courtroom. I didn't see a single person sitting in the press bench today. Associated Press was mulling around outside the courtroom when we left for the day. And he asked a few questions from people leaving, but I agree I would have thought the press would have shown a lot more interest.
      I have a hard time reading any media reports about this anyway. It's not so much that they get the information wrong (I get things wrong too) but the hateful, uninformed things that people say in the comment sections are too hard for me to read. It infuriates me when people are so willing to spout off such cruel words, in regards to something they know nothing about. I guess I don't need to look anyway...

      Delete