I'm also going to redesign the look and format. I don't know exactly what that will entail yet, but my page needs a change. I am also going to try and write more often, I'm hoping at least once a week I will have something new for you to read here.
And finally, I am going to start advertising. That one is hard for me. I don't like the idea of feeling like I am selling my opinions. Opinions should be given freely... Openly... And without ulterior motive. I don't like endorsing products. I don't like associating my name with companies and corporations. I don't like the idea of helping the rich get richer. I also don't like the idea of being broke. Two years with no steady income starts to get to you... And the people around you. So, I need to start generating income (even a little) somehow.
I'm open for suggestions with these changes. If you have suggestions that you think will make this page better, I'd love to hear them. If there are things here on my page you don't like, I'd like to hear that even more. However it goes, I hope you will continue to come along for the ride.
Yay!! More frequent blog posts! That's what I have been waiting to hear from you. The ads are fine--kinda funny actually what shows up on your site. If you mention menopause, for instance, you might end up with ads for hot flash medication on your site, ha-ha! As far as spammers go, I got rid of the Captcha thing because it was taking some people 5-6 tries to leave a comment on my site. Now I keep getting robo comments from plumbing companies. Does my blog scream clogged toilet???? Anyway---so happy for you and anxious to see what changes you make! Looking forward to reading more and hoping to see some more of your amazing photography!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the enthusiasm. :) I hope you didn't have to fill out a Captcha... I don't want that. I did turn off anonymous posting... I think.
DeleteSome of the robo-spammers are pretty funny. I love it when you write a pissed-off or sad post, and you get a comment like "Lovely Blog, full of information. I'm gonna go tell my sister. Check out my page @blahblahblah." I actually get a chuckle out of them sometimes - just before I delete them.
And more photos are definitely in the future. I have a lot of pics on facebook that have never made my blog, and I have even more that I haven't posted anywhere. I have somewhere around 20,000 photos in my library.
So, I should have at least SOMETHING I can come up with once a week...
Back again to see if you have the captcha on your comments section, so here goes....
ReplyDeleteI'm happy I can still easily comment with a name/url. I just wanted to make sure. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I turned the anonymous comments back on... I'll just have to suck it up and deal with spammers one comment at a time.
Delete