Josh Stone's defense followed Mr. Swor's cross. Mr. Thomas showed that there were offences that could have illicited the execution of arrests far earlier in the investigation of the Hutaree, and that they did not execute these arrests, but instead took them by the hand and led them into a much bigger scenario.
He explored the relationship between Agent Houg and his partnered informant Dan Murray. Houg stated that he had previously assessed Murray and thought he would be able to work with him.
He brought up the infiltration of Houg into the group. Houg said he had not infiltrated the group, he had been invited to join. But Mr. Thomas pointed out that the invitation was given based on falsehoods. I don't understand why Houg was so reluctant to say he infiltrated the group, it's what he did isn't it? But he clearly did not like the word.
Mr. Thomas then went on to explore the relationship between Josh Stone and Agent Houg. How Josh looked up to him as a mentor, or roll model, possibly a father type figure. He pointed out that Agent Houg had stood in Josh Stones wedding, as his best man as well as his fathers wedding.
He then went on to talk about different times the group had referenced and talked about cache's of weapons and supplies. And yet, as much of a trusted member of the core group as Agent Houg had become, He did not ever see them bury anything, in nearly a year of investigating the group he did not know of any secret cache's.
He pointed out that the group had no effective means of communications. Conversations about communications and radio's really seem to raise a red flag for the FBI. It seems to be one of the prosecutions favorite topics. They sure have entered a lot of talk about wanting to own "radios" as evidence of sedition. Fair warning to all you Ham Radio operators operators out there, you could be next on the list.
It was also shown that not only didn't they have any functioning "communications" operation, they had no means of Mobility. After all, The FBI had to provide them with a van so that six members could try to go to Kentucky. (Two of the six that went were FBI operatives by the way.)
Houg had told them what he needed to make shape charges (cans and street signs), and it took months, and repeated reminders from Houg himself, before anything was brought to him. And none of the components of any of the explosives or devices that Houg demonstrated (without provocation) came from any member of the Hutaree. Both times Houg showed up and said he had explosives he wanted to demonstrate, he did it with out any previous knowledge of any Hutaree member. What kinda crap is that?
Mr. Thomas brought up how ridiculous much of the speaking in the recordings can be, and how often the people in these conversations are laughing and obviously joking. He pointed out a particular incidence where Josh was outlining a possible plan, Josh suggested they should distract the cops by placing strippers in the back of or around a police cruiser, (laughing), and then replies to his own plan by saying it would never work, it would backfire, and they would be the ones distracted by the strippers...(more laughing).
Mr. Thomas was also gracious enough to point out the word "war" has many meanings, and contexts. Such as war on drugs, war on poverty, spiritual war, psychological war, political war...etc. Mr. Houg agreed.
Next was the team of Shanker and Helfric for David Jr. Mr. Helfric brought up some words that have been mentioned in conversation throughout some of the recordings. Things like pressure-pads, chemical fuses, and pipe bombs. He asked Houg if he had actually seen any of these thing. He had not.
Mr. Helfric also pointed out that when David Jr. detonated the six (fireworks) IED's at the training session dealing with tripwire evasion. He had not given any instruction on, nor did he distribute any (fireworks) IED's.
So here's another heads up from yours truly, if you have cardboard tubes in your home, or gunpowder. You could be on the FBI's list. Oh wait, David Jr. didn't have either in his home. So I guess I should say you just have to like setting off fireworks to make the list. Because that's all he did. Oh wait, I'm wrong again...He likes to read the Bible too. But the FBI made sure that there a three less of those that he can get his hands on.
I'm sorry, I can't help but be sarcastic. I realize how important the reality of this case is, but this is the reality of this case, and it absolutely infuriates me to see some of the things that have taken place in this facade. The United States Government and the FBI are making a mockery of our Constitution right before my eyes. Right under your nose.
Mr. Sitawa took the pulpit next on behalf of Mike (Meeks). He addressed the Trilateral Commission List that Mike had and Josh Clough called a hit list. Mr. Sitawa showed Houg did not make a single attempt to warn anyone on this list of any impending threat.....Ahhh, your Honor I'd like a sidebar please...
...Not one time throughout this trial, not one time, do I recall Agent Houg making any effort what so ever to notify any party threatened of that threat. Not once. Houg argued in some of the incidences that he had included it in his 302 report at the end of the day (or whenever he got to it), or that he might have reported the threats to Leslie Larson (the only correspondences I have heard from FBI agents have been mocking the group, and making fun of it's members, not discussing any eminent threat). But let me ask you this. If you were an FBI agent working undercover, and you had reason to believe that there was an eminent threat to another law enforcement agency, or officer, or government official, wouldn't it be your first priority to personally notify the threatened party at the very first chance you had? Or at the very least make sure that someone had made immediate contact with that party. Or would you wait until the end of your work day and include it in your summary report, and hope nothing bad happens in the meantime?
Mr. Sitawa also brought up the fact that Mike was not at many of the dissertations that Stone Sr. presented, he pointed out that the meets and trainings Mike did show up to he was often late. Read my very first post about the trial, I've been knowing Mike a long time, one thing about Mike...He's often late. (Especially if it has anything to do with roofing.)
As far as explosives go, Houg brought the EFP (explosively formed projectile), Houg built the EFP, Houg demonstrated the EFP. Mike was not present for either of the unwarranted explosive demonstrations that Houg gave, and he didn't collect any materials for Houg to build further EFP's or explosives. It was clearly shown that Mike had nothing to do with any of the explosives testimony. No wait, It was pointed out earlier in the trial the by the persecution (I meant prosecution) that Mike had in fact talked about a bomb that he had made. The prostitution (I meant prosecution again, sorry) failed to mention that this was while Mike was serving in the Marines and was going to demolitions school. Does it seem wrong to anyone else to use a combat decorated Marine's honorable service to our Country against him in an effort to convict him of sedition and attempting to use weapons of mass destruction? I don't know, just curious...
Mr. Sitawa referred to a comment that was made by someone that alluded to the fact that when the Health Care Bill passed the shooting would probably start. But didn't that Bill already pass? A long time ago...in a government far, far away. Did I miss a war some where in that time period? I don't think I did.
But this is priceless. PLEASE take the time to click this link,and read this article http://www.annarbor.com/news/bridgewater-township-turns-to-militia-for-help/ , notice the date this article was posted? March 2010. One month before they are planning to levy war against the Government of the United States, supposedly by killing a member of local law enforcement and bombing the funeral to incite a reaction from the Government. One month before, the members of this group worked cooperatively, peacefully, and effectively in joint efforts with local law enforcement in active missing persons cases. Do you suppose they told the police involved with that effort something along the lines of we'll help you out this month, but next month we're gonna kill ya'??? Come on let's get for real here. Can we get the FBI to go catch some real criminals? There are real domestic terrorists in this country you know. Foreign ones too...Hell, go arrest Dan Murray for that matter, he's guilty of more violent acts than the entire Hutaree combined!
Does anyone know of a deserted island I can buy for cheap? At least I'll be able to talk to myself without having to worry about being accused of a conspiracy.
Thanks as always for the update Jon. It's getting way past ridiculous. See you soon.
ReplyDeleteIf someone clues you in to a cheap deserted island let me know. I'll join you...
ReplyDeleteTraci, I have thought about it for a couple of days now, I don't think sharing the island will work. It only takes two to form a conspiracy. So we still wouldn't be able to talk to each other without being in jeopardy... Unfortunately, you will have to find your own Island.
DeleteYeah so originally I was going to post that you could talk all you want and I won't respond, that way we can't get in any trouble... then I remembered that most of these guys didn't respond to a lot of the controversial stuff that was said, and "OOPS!" they are on trial... So I suppose you're right. I'll have to find my own island. Bummer, though... I like the way you think.
DeleteAhh... Careful, liking the way someone thinks is the first step...
DeleteWell done once again Jon. Big day on Monday as we will be making arguments for Judgments of Acquittal by the judge due to total lack of evidence (jury will not be present). I'm damn tired of seeing so many of these defendants in custody. The explosives demonstrations today were a joke because the FBI built bombs the Hutaree never did; and did so with 4x as much explosive powder as was in their possession - ie reloading powder. Anyway, thx again for the report!
ReplyDeleteI am a little behind with my writing, I am hoping to get caught up this weekend. The explosives demonstration was one of the biggest farces in this trial so far. Completely over the top. They demonstrated things that not only didn't have, or build, but things that they didn't even have the ability to get, such as C-4 detonated with blasting caps.
DeleteI don't understand how the prosecution was even able to present this stuff.
Monday is a big day, I will be hoping for the best.
Great bloh jon. I too can not wait until monday to see what is going on. Atleast we all get a breather and have a 3 day weekend. Relax and enjoy your weekend because its going to be very stressful with the press there and all the arguments going on.
ReplyDeleteThank Brittany, I do plan on doing a little writing to get people caught up to the latest developments, but I'm also hoping to get a little fishing in this weekend also. That always seems to get my mind right. Regardless of how things go Monday I would like to say it has been a pleasure to have met you and David Jr. I wish it had been under better circumstances. I hope the best for you, David, and your child in this situation and beyond. I'll see you Monday, keep hangin' in there.
DeleteFrom a hutaree relative, You are telling the truth. God bless you, and thank-you for the updates.
Delete