Well, I have to say it was a pretty great weekend, I spent time with family, and with good friends. I got in a little fishing, ate some good food... and generally made good memories all weekend long. I hope everyone had happy and safe Memorial Day, and found a way to enjoy your weekend as much as I did mine.
Friday I rode over to my buddy Greg's house. He and his wife Shannon had company from a mutual friend that I haven't seen in more than twenty years. (Cathy, I'm glad we got to visit. I hope you had a good time on your vacation.) It was a short visit, I rode my bike and I'm not too keen on riding those particular roads after dark, but it was a nice time none the less.
Saturday, I pretty much stayed around the house. Which was fine, I got caught up on some things that needed catchin' up on, and had a little down time.
Sunday I went back up to Buck Lake in Hamburg with my buddy Tom. His friend Bruce had us out for some fishing festivities. We cruised the lake for a few hours on his pontoon and caught some fish. Maybe eight bass, a couple Gills and a Crappie. Then we hung out on shore down by his dock and caught a buzz. There was a fellow out showboating on a wakeboard so I took a few pictures of him. (He was pretty good.)
After hanging out at the lake for most of the day, I rode my bike back out to Greg and Shannon's for a small get together of close friends and a couple of cousins. We had a couple of drinks, a little food, and a lot of laughs. Again, a little short in time, but high in quality. Once the sun went below the horizon it was time to hit the road.
Today, we had a small family get-together at my mothers house. She worked very hard to get everything together, and make everything just right for a party. Thanks Mom. My sister Traci got to come with her family, which was very nice. She has missed the last several get-togethers due to work or school. And being that she is the only Veteran in my immediate family, I was particularly pleased she was able to make it today. My brother Dan however was not able to come with his family as he hurt his back and wasn't up to the excitement. We missed you Dan. But I think a good time was had by all.
One of my nieces seems to have aspirations and talent for photography, so when she got here I put a camera in her hands, and told her to hold on to it for the day. She took enough good pictures today that I probably didn't need to take any myself... But the two of us together recorded the day quite spectacularly. Thanks for taking all the cool pictures Jess.
This first one my sister took, then I posted a few that I took. But I'm going to give MVP (Most Valuable Photographer) to Jessica.
 |
Back row: Cayla French, Jessica French. Middle: Daniel Isley, Katrina Isley. Front: Titus Vigil, Sophia Vigil. Picture by Traci Isley. |
 |
| Left to Right: Daniel Isley, Traci Isley, Cayla French, Jessica Vigil, Jessica French, David Isley, Helen Vigil. |
These are some of my favorites that Jesse took today. She really did get some great shots.
 |
| Photo By Jessica French |
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
 |
| Photo By Jessica French
|
My baby got MAD skills! Such a fun afternoon! Thanks for sharing these Jon. I'll be sure Jessie gets a look at them.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, more than a pleasure. I am happy to encourage. It seemed like she had fun, and she really did take some great photos. There are more that I didn't post. I'll send them to her or you soon.
DeleteLooks like you had an AMAZING weekend! Jessica's pictures are really, really good. Of course I LOVED the squirrel pictures! I'm glad you had a great weekend--nice to be around all the family and friends, isn't it??
ReplyDeleteIt really was a great weekend. I feel very blessed to have such good friends in my life. And for me family is everything.
DeleteJessica took 136 pictures on Monday, she took a lot more than I posted here. I think it is very cool that she seems to have such an interest in photography. She is fourteen, and already shows great potential for it. So I try to encourage her to stick with it. At the end of the month her church youth group is going on a retreat in Colorado Springs. I told her if she was able to raise the money to go, I would loan her one of my cameras to take with her. It doesn't appear that she is going to have any problem raising the money, and I've already decided I will probably just let her keep the camera.
Thanks, as always, for reading. I am going to have to go through some of my pictures and do a post of nothing but squirrels. I have some classic squirrel pictures that I am sure you would enjoy...
Jon I cant tell you enough how much seeing you again meant to me. Thank you
ReplyDeleteThanks Cathy, It was really very nice to see you too. Glad you had a good vacation, next time you come to town with Chad we really should get together. A little fishing and maybe a BBQ at the park sounds like a good time... Talk to ya soon.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I haven't forgot about sending you some pictures, I just have to get a little time to sit down and do it...
That's a really awesome weekend- congrats on that! :))
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for sharing cool photos- love the tee with "Parents for sale - buy 2 get sister free!"
ROFL
Glad you got a kick out of it. That's my nephew trying to sell his parents, he would probably work out a deal on a sister even if you don't want the parents... He's a really good kid, a lot of fun to be around. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope you check in again sometime.
DeleteFamily time is so important, especially these days I feel. It's great to see how you enjoy being with your family and friends so much. I don't know much about fishing because I grew up right outside NYC, but I've always wanted to try it at some point. haha. Any tips?
ReplyDeletegood post about
ReplyDeleteAn Awesome Weekend