Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Perfect Day???

    Is there such thing as a perfect day? I don't know... But when I woke up this morning, I woke up in a bed, under a roof, and I was covered with a warm blanket. There was food for me to eat, and I am (for the most part) healthy.
    I then got on my computer and checked in with some of family, and some friends. I believe I may have even made a couple of people smile. I seemed to be off to a good start.
    My nieces and nephew came to the house to go play some mini-golf in celebration of my nephew's twelfth birthday. I didn't play. I didn't want to STOMP the rest of them and take all the fun out of the day. But I did go along to enjoy the festivities, and to take some wonderful pictures, full of smiles, of my family enjoying each others company, on a beautiful day.






 HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY
     After mini-golf we returned to the house, and met up with my sister. I was happy to share my pictures with her, and show her how beautiful her children are, and how much fun they had during the day. We all visited for a while on the deck, on a warm sunny afternoon. After they went home my mother and I retired to the patio, and enjoyed a very pleasant evening. The Rose of Sharon is in bloom right now so I took some pictures of some beautiful flowers...







     After I very peaceful evening outside in the fresh air, I went inside and sat back in a comfortable chair. I watched a little television, and turned the computer back on. I went to my website and shared a spectacular day with the world.
    I am ready to sleep now. And I will go lay down on my bed, and pull up a warm blanket. I am as healthy as I was this morning when I woke up. My belly is full, my HEART is full... I think I had a perfect day.

12 comments:

  1. Dude. That's twice in one day. KNOCK IT OFF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I guess I just like to make you cry... Love ya' Traci, and I love ya fambly too.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful blog post for a beautiful day! Looks like you had a great time with the family. I love hearing the upbeat tone in your blog posts now. it is so refreshing to meet someone like you who asks little but appreciates and enjoys the simple things in life---which you capture so well in your photography. I can't help but to smile every time I read your blogs now and I love seeing the pictures on Facebook--you are able to draw people into your life and make them feel very comfortable there. Nice job, Jon. Looking forward to many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the simple things are all we have... Might as well learn how to enjoy them. I really believe the greatest pleasures come from the simplest actions. I'm sure it won't be long and I'll find SOMETHING to be up in arms about though. Thank you once again for all the nice things you say... And If you really have been drawn into my life, and you are comfortable there... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

      Delete
  3. I also think you had a perfect day! Nice photos by the way. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Joan, It was a wonderful day. Days like this happen in our lives more than we realize. We get so wrapped up with what is wrong in our lives that we don't see what is right. I don't really believe in perfection, if you try you can find fault in anything. But in the same light if you reverse the thinking you can find the beauty in every situation as well. Thanks again.

      Delete
  4. Yes, it was a perfect day. Sometimes it's not about spending hundreds of pounds shopping for designer clothes, eating out at the most expensive restaurants, driving around in fancy cars. You can have the perfect day just by enjoying your family, friends and environment around you.
    Your family look so content in the photos and a Happy Birthday to your nephew. Lovely Post Jon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to hear from you. Thank you very much for the sincere compliments. And the family is quite content with each other I'm happy to hear that it shows. We love to spend time together and quite often we end up having days very similar to this. There are no guarantees in life. Might as well enjoy what we have. I hope that you have a way to enjoy a perfect day every once in a while too.

      Delete
  5. seems like a perfect day! great bonding moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Ric. Thank you for taking a moment to say hi. Please note, not all my posts have been quite so... Chipper, shall we say. And I'm sure not all of my future posts will be either. But I hope you continue to read along, and always feel free to leave you input and opinions.

      Delete
  6. What a delightful post! Wishing you many more perfect days to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nothingprofound, hmmm, I think if you look you can find SOMETHINGPROFOUND in every day. :) Thank you for the delightful comment. Many perfect days to you as well. I hope you keep coming back for more, although it might not all be delightful. Life is a roller coaster, I'm just strapped in for the ride...

      Delete